Sunday, February 22, 2009

Michael and Michael Have Issues

Athough Black announced this a month ago on his blog, and then quickly deleted the post, Comedy Central has finally officially announced picking up Michael Ian Black and Michael Showalter's new show, Michael and Michael Have Issues.

I know that you'd rather hear what I think than read about the show itself, so let me just say I could not be more excited. These guys are incredibly sharp and creative, and I think the premise and format of the show will be really fun for them to work with and for us to watch. To read more, click on any of the above links.

I find this brief article about the show pretty funny for its inaccuracies. If I read more of people writing about other people's work, rather than getting most of my information either from the source or really, really nerdy people, I'd probably see this more and wouldn't find it so amusing, but so many holes in the research! First of all, the hilarious The Michael Showalter Showalter is not a partner project, but is Showalter's show(alter), on which Black has guested twice. It doesn't sound to me like MMHI is based on the web series at all, and I haven't read that anywhere else. Also, while it is true that both Michaels have appeared on Reno 911! and that Stella had a Comedy Central Presents special, let's not forget that they also had a SERIES on Comedy Central. Cancelled after one season, yes, but definitely a cult hit, and the network has to have made some money off DVD sales. Lastly, while it is true that Black co-founded The State, Showalter was also a co-founder, which seems pretty relevant to this article.

Anyway. That was really nerdy of me.

I wonder if I have some photo of the Michaels laying around somewhere I could post as a reference point...I wonder...oh wait! Here's one:



I will use this blog as more than a pictorial bragging outlet, I swear. I also use it for self-promotion: here is a more convenient link to my first Mondo article about SF Sketchfest. Second and third chapters to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment