Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I hate Twitter

Oh, pain! Comedy bloggers and joke-tellers alike (including Tompkins, who is also facebooking) are twittering from Eugene Mirman's book release show in Brooklyn, making non-attendees like myself drool in jealousy. Sounds like a fantastic event, featuring Paul F. Tompkins, Sarah Vowell, John Hodgman, Kristen Schaal, John Oliver, etc. Hmm, what was that one other thing I am reading (in real time!) about the event...that thing that made me look to the gods in desperation...who is in the audience...oh yeah, just David Cross. With Amber Tamblyn. Death!

Brooklyn comedy fans who aren't at that show can likely be found at Seth Herzog's weekly SWEET show, with a special Valentine's Day edition this week. The very funny Craig Baldo is performing, as is the one and only David Wain (actually, I think he's DJing, according to what I remember from his Twitter post. Twitter has become my primary source of information/pain). SWEET is NYC's longest continuously-running weekly comedy show, always featuring a great lineup as well as the likelihood of getting to see Seth Herzog dance.

My copy of Mirman's The Will to Whatevs arrived today, and I am very, very excited to read it. Mirman ended his SF Sketchfest performance at the Stella show by playing a few videos of pieces from the book, and they were extremely funny. However, I am not letting myself read it until I can do so without feeling guilty about the pile of schoolwork across the room. Or tomorrow, whichever comes first.

Edited to add: Punchline Magazine is now twittering that David Cross is performing, and just prior to that, Kristen Schaal did a choreographed dance routine to Britney Spears' Toxic. That's just great.

1 comment:

  1. omg... this blog is amazing! I've learned so much already about comedy. I hope you update everyday.

    ReplyDelete