Tuesday, February 10, 2009

First Post! Yaay!

I just taught myself basic html! Awesome. Why not start this thing off with a little Showalter...this NYT Weekender commercial spoof made its way around the internet universe within hours, so chances are you've already seen it. Though we don't have the Weekender commercials in Canada, so some of the humour may be lost, we can put two and two together and enjoy the buffet of NYC comedians (Michael Ian Black, David Wain, Jon Benjamin, Paul Rudd, Mike Birbiglia, Zak Orth, Kate Comer, Jacqueline Novak, Todd Barry, Eugene Mirman, Andrea Rosen, Leo Allen, Chelsea Peretti, Shonali Bhowmik). It's actually an ad for arts and community centre 92Y Tribeca, which is pretty much the best place in the world. Why, WHY don't I live in NYC??

Closer to home, Twitter alerted me to the fact that Comedy News actually ran a story about a "nasty" comic showcase in Toronto. Though I tend to enjoy 'nasty' humour, I guess, whatever that means, I didn't recognize any of the names because I am a horrible comedy snob who only pays attention to American and (to a lesser extent) British comedy. I am determined to change this by getting out to experience some Toronto comedy. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment