Friday, October 9, 2009

mish-mash


What possessed me to think I could/would post every day for a week, even on the subject of my beloved David Cross? I have way too little computer time to do that right now. Worst blog ever. I did have a lot in my head, though, so just try to imagine what you missed out on.

I did manage to write a review of the David Cross show for MONDO Magazine, so check it out. If you want.

Because I don't feel comfortable not attending every comedy festival in the USA/Canada, I can't help but wish I was in Solvang right now for the UCB's Ultimate Comedy Bash, featuring the original four UCB-ers in a reunion Asssscat show, among many other funny people. Other festivals I haven't attended/won't attend this month and last include the Eugene Mirman Comedy Festival (click link for video), Tig Notaro's Brightest Young Things Festival, and the Vancouver Global Comedyfest, about which comics and comedy nerds alike had a lot to say. I am, however, going to see Michael Ian Black and Michael Showalter in Detroit in a couple days. The Michaels always make me laugh, so I'm pretty excited for that.



Speaking of things that make me laugh (unlike every other post in this blog), I thought the Jim/Pam wedding episode of the Office last night was phenomenal. It was goofy, disastrous, and funny enough that I worried about waking the sleeping baby I was sitting with my guffaws, but sentimental enough to remember a time when I didn't find Jim and Pam annoying and wanted them to live happily ever after. Very satisfying. Kudos, writer Mindy Kaling and director Paul Feig. Another comedic bright spot on my television screen right now is Parks and Recreation. When it debuted last year, I told friends, family, colleagues, mentors, servers, garbage collectors that one thing the show needed was to let Aziz Ansari and Aubrey Plaza bring more funny while increasing their characters' likeability. Now, I'm not saying I'm responsible for the improvement this season, but I can't help but notice they've taken my advice. I love Aziz, who makes me laugh on TV and the internet. Also, as always, Louis CK had been fantastic in his guest role. I would wish he could stick around if it didn't mean he might not be able to focus on his upcoming FX show. Speaking of upcoming FX shows, Nick Kroll and Paul Scheer, two of the funniest people in the world, have one too. Oh, TV!

Watch this video starring Bobby Bottleservice, my favourite Nick Kroll character!

No comments:

Post a Comment