Friday, May 1, 2009

My wish for you


I can only wish and hope, for all of your sakes, that you're reading about Michael Ian Black and Michael Showalter's time leading up to the shooting of Michael and Michael Have Issues. I wish this because it is the most enjoyable blog this side of...blogtown. You can read funny posts and see funny videos, as well as videos that aren't that funny but let you into the PROCESS, and pay off in the end, like this one:

Hamburger Patties from Michael Showalter on Vimeo.


I laughed so very hard at Thursday-night TV last night. 30 Rock killed me as always, Parks and Rec was very good (though I still want Aziz's character to be nicer and funnier because Aziz is so good), and The Office was truly fantastic. I won't spoil anything, but Kate Flannery once again proved how fearlessly hilarious she is. For those who may not know, Flannery has been a comedy superstar for years, co-founding the Annoyance Theatre Ensemble, sprouting many funny things and people, and The Lampshades, who recently performed at SF Sketchfest, though I didn't get to see them. --Segue alert!! Announcement: I am going to the Just For Laughs festival in Chicago on June 17th! I will be seeing the Michaels twice, and then Bob and David and Friends, which is clearly the main draw. I have never seen David Cross live. This could be my only chance, so I have to make it count. By that I mean making some very questionable choice you'll see on the news. Look out for that.


EDITED TO ADD: When I said that Bob and David are clearly the main draw, it's only because I haven't seen them live before, while I've seen the Michaels a number of times in a variety of contexts (not to sound braggy, even though I purposely structured that sentence to make you feel jealous). It's not that I don't love the Michaels as much as Bob and David. Oh, what's that? You're wondering if I've met them, and if we're great friends? Hmm, let me search back in my memory. DOES THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION???

PS Is anyone reading this?? No comments!

3 comments:

  1. Look! A comment! Exciting that you're going to Chicago, I might be road-tripping to Montreal around the JFL fest this year...
    Gotta love the specialized blogs, I have one about stuff I sew, just as 'niche' :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaay thanks for the comment, Emily! I'm excited for Chicago, though a teeny bit nervous about the hostel I'm staying at alone. I'm sure it will be fine, though. I'm glad you have a blog about your masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hostel?!

    hamburger patties is #1 now I'm watching everything on michael showalter's vimeo thing. and now I'm starting to watch all of michael black's vimeos...

    ReplyDelete