Monday, December 7, 2009

Live Comedy Year-in-Review

Oh my, I haven't written in so long. My internship ends this week, and next term will involve much, much more sitting in front of the computer procrastinating (death, please, death), which will mean more blogging. Does anyone read this, anyway? I have no idea. It doesn't really matter, anyway.

I started this post because I was bursting with creative energy after coming up with some ridiculous and hilarious (to us) stuff with my BFF while listening to Scharpling and Wurster put us to shame, and now I realize I don't have much to talk about. Let's talk about live comedy in 2009 (and by that I mean gloat), in case I don't post again before the end of the year (but I will, I swear). 2009 was a truly spectacular year for me in terms of live comedy. After an amazing trip to see Stella in NYC at the end of 2008, I lost all inhibition and went wherever I wanted to see whomever I wanted during 2009. Or so it seemed at the time. Let's look at some highlights:

1. San Francisco SketchFest (San Francisco, January 15-31, various venues)







2. Just For Laughs Chicago (June 17-21, Chicago, various venues)






3. Just For Laughs Toronto Gala Show (Toronto, July 17th, Massey Hall)





4. Del Close Marathon 11 (NYC, August 14-16, UCB Theatre/various)



5. David Cross (Toronto, October 2nd, Queen Elizabeth Theatre, no pictures, review here)

6. Paul F. Tompkins (Toronto, October 25th, Rivoli, review here)



7. Todd Barry (Toronto, November 21st, Comedy Bar)



AND I'm going to NYC on December 18th for a few days. My trip will definitely involve a lot of UCBT, my favourite place in the world. Pretty great year.

1 comment:

  1. Funny, Jokes, Αστεία ανέκδοτα, Αστείες φωτογραφίες, Online games, Free games, Free sms, Free poker, Online Chat.

    ReplyDelete